Why Choose Sonoma County?
- Business Week just found that among members of Generation Y seeking to launch their careers, Santa Rosa is the 14th most popular city in the country. That's 14th out of 364 metropolitan areas across the United States.
- Richard Florida’s study of America’s best cities, entitled “Who’s your city?” lists Santa Rosa, the County seat, as one of the top 5 small cities in the country. It ranks among the top 5 in the following categories: “Cities for young singles”, “Cities for Empty Nesters”, “Cities for Retirees” and “Cities for Gays and Lesbians”.
- The National Resource and Defense Council ranked Santa Rosa 2nd out of 178 medium-sized cities in the nation for its sustainability efforts.
- Allstate Insurance Company placed Santa Rosa at #3 in California and #74 nationally in their 2009 “America’s Best Drivers Study.”
- Farmers Insurance Group names Santa Rosa-Petaluma one of the country’s safest cities, ranking no. 17 among 127 mid-size cities. The rankings were based on a review of crime rates, air quality, job loss and terrorist threats.
- Santa Rosa was ranked 8th in the nation by the Wall Street Journal for supporting the most home-based businesses.